Our Galaxy Is A Vortex – The Helical Model
The Milky Way
- The Milky Way itself travels through space at appr. 600 km/s
- The image used for texturing the Milky Way is NOT a picture of the Milky Way. There are no pictures of the outside of the Milky Way.
- There could either be a black hole or a central sun in the center of the Milky Way. I went with the texture image and made it shine.
- A complete revolution around the galaxy takes 226 million years
- Do not confuse the Galactic Plane with the Galactic Equator: the Sun never “crosses” the Galactic Equator because the Sun is always on the Galactic Equator, by definition.
- One precession cycle takes 25,920 years
- Since one revolution takes 226 mln years, this would mean that there are appr. 8692 precessional cycles in one revolution. In this animation there are only 60.
Scale & distance
- the Sun is 109 times bigger than the Earth. If this animation was to scale, the planets would be invisible.
- Our Solar System should be a gazillion times smaller compared to the Milky Way. If this animation was to scale, you could not see the Solar System, the Sun or any of the planets.
- The software used to create this animation is unable to work with extreme sizes and distances. (continued below)
[Hat tip: Clif High]
Sound & music
- The sound track is called “Enter The Stream” and I created it specifically for this animation.
You can listen to it on my website: http://www.djsadhu.com/audio-video/dj…
More info & reserach at http://www.djsadhu.com/the-helical-mo…